Monday, January 18, 2016

My favorite Christmas

A good friend of mine who is a wonderful creative writer suggested that this Christmas we might give a gift of writing up our favorite Christmas growing up and giving it as a gift.   It made me think of my favorite Christmas immediately.  I was about 9 years old and we were living in Pennsgrove NJ.  For Christmas I wanted a watch so badly that I cried because I didn't think I would get one.  I opened package after gift and so far no watch.  Finally in the toe of my Christmas stocking was the Parker Watch that I coveted.   I was one happy little girl.  I kept that watch for years because to me it was a symbol of the love of my mom and dad.

This was also the same Christmas that my brother was having doubts about the existence of Santa Clause when all of a sudden he saw Santa walk around the side of the house.  Boy did he run up the stairs to bed.  We were very happy kids and lucky to be together.

No comments:

Post a Comment